// Tiara Putri // On-Jumat, 04 Januari 2013

Now there is something for you to shoot down ASAP watch out for when you are playing Left 4 Dead.. Yes, someone has finally come up with a skin mod of Hatsune Miku for this zombie-hunting-survival game.. I know I’m kinda slow in posting this awesome news (Well, I knew about this quite a few months back already, just didnt have the time to post, Gomen~ ), but today, I shall tell you all what izit about..
Well, it is simple enough; those who are bored killing the same boring witch (shes not even pretty… Orz ) can MOE-ify by getting this skin mod for her.. Here is the video of the player encountering the Miku-Witch.. Enjoy the video~

Left 4 Miku: Witch-Miku Encounter:
To those who know it before, there is a skin mod made for Alyx from Half-Life 2 in this post I made quite a long time ago.. The modder decided to port this skin into Left 4 Dead since they are developed by the same company; Valve, so code-wise it would be about the same..
Anyway, the skin mod of Hatsune Miku wasn’t intended to be made for the witch in Left 4 Dead.. The modder himself in actually in the midst of fixing some bugs relating to the skin mod.. The skin is intended for Zoey like what you see in the 2 pictures below but like I said before, still have some bugs to fix.. ^^;;

This is what I quoted from the modder himself:
I’ve been spending the last few days porting a HL2 model of Miku (which replaces Alyx) into Left 4 Dead with the minimal amount of modeling knowledge that I have.
So far it hasn’t turned out too bad; just need to tamper with the animations a bit and properly attach her twintails (below), solve a few stretching issues and fix the abominable fps drop. I’ll let you know when she’s all set to go.
Although it got me thinking that if I got this all working well enough, maybe I could spend some time if I really felt like it, remodeling most, if not all of the character models in L4D into a Vocaloid’s nightmare. It’d help me in the process after all.

If you wish to see the source itself, it is located here.

Miku looks so Moe~ Wish the mod was completed..
Download Skin Nya
here

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Visitor

Music